Adult Open Indoor Pickleball
Adult Open Indoor Pickleball for ages 18 & over (no high school students permitted in program). This is not a league, or an instructional program, but a drop-in program. Individuals interested in playing must register and pre-pay for each date, $8.00 per session, that you are interested in attending. Day-of registration will not be accepted and there is a limited number of people permitted at each session; so once full, no more are permitted to play on that date.
Each person is required to create their own individual account (except for married couples or if parent and child live in same household). The program is conducted at Woodrow Wilson Middle School, 1400 Van Houten Avenue, on select Friday evenings from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Dates will be updated periodically, based on school schedule. If schools are closed, due to inclement weather conditions, all evening programs are automatically cancelled. You can call the weather hotline at 973 470-5680 after 4:00 p.m.
Adult Pickleball Refund/Cancellation Policy
The Clifton Recreation Adult Pickleball program is a NON-REFUNDABLE PROGRAM. Once you register and pay online for the dates you wish to attend, you will not be refunded or credited for dates you cannot attend. In the event that the Clifton Recreation Department should need to cancel a pre-scheduled date, due to facility closure, all pre-paid participants will be issued a credit of $8.00. COVID-19 cancellations will be handled on a case-by-case basis by contacting Debbie Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adult Pickleball Participation Requirements
- All participants MUST have an active account with the Clifton Recreation Department. ONLY members of the same household are to be listed on the same account. Friends or relatives living elsewhere must have their own account at www.cliftonnj.org.
- This program is a pre-registered, pre-paid and non-refundable program.
- The cost is $8.00 per session.
- There will be no day-of registration accepted and no cash exchange at the site.
- Select the dates that you are interested in attending and pay online.
- You may register up to 11:59 p.m. the day PRIOR to the upcoming pickleball session; however, there is a limited amount of people permitted at each session. Once full, no more are permitted to play on that day.
- Only registered/paid participants are permitted in the gym. Guests and/or family members may not accompany you.
- Face coverings are optional. While this establishment no longer requires masks to enter, please be kind to those who choose to wear a mask.
Checking in: Once you arrive and check in - Sign up on the team chart with a partner.
• There will be 3 teams assigned to each court. See chart in gym when you arrive.
• Each team, on their assigned court, will play one another in a round robin format (2 teams play & one team sits).
• Each game will last 10 minutes (regardless of the score).
• Once each team has played one another you will move to the next scheduled round and play with the 3 teams assigned to that court.
• We will continue until 8:00 p.m.